COVID 19 PRECAUTIONS
Dear ATLR Customers,
ATLR is open and CONTINUING TO SERVICE YOUR VEHICLES and we are committed to KEEPING OUR CUSTOMERS SAFE. You can get your car fixed without ever needing to enter our shop!
Amid the increasing public health concerns with regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), I want you to know that the safety of our customers and colleagues is of paramount importance to every member of our team.
Like you, we have been monitoring and getting ready for what was expected to be a worsening situation. Today, the World Health Organization declared the disease a global pandemic.
Despite what other measures we may need to undertake as a community in the coming days, weeks, and months, the basic principles to protect ourselves from infection remain the same. To this end, we have relied on the best practices the Centers For Disease Control (CDC) recommends to mitigate the risks of contamination.
In light of that, we would like to share with you what we are doing as your automotive service center to ensure we continue to operate while ensuring high safety standards. We strive to keep your confidence in us that your safety and health and ours, are top of our minds.
Your interaction at the front counter:
- Starting with our door handles our front counter, and our sitting area: We are cleaning these areas every hour using sanitizing wipes.
- As you arrive at our counter: You will be greeted by our friendly smiling staff as usual. We have refrained from the usual handshake but are happy to accept the now universally accepted “elbow” shake!
- When you hand our staff your vehicle’s keys: They will wipe your keys using an alcohol wipe, to reduce the transmission of germs.
- You will also find at your disposal on the counter: Our friendly Mr. Purell. Feel free to give him a squeeze, even though soap and water does a better job with this particular virus!
We invite you to use our restrooms where you can thoroughly wash your hands.
Protecting you and our staff while working on your vehicle: All parties that work on your car follow strict safety and sanitizing procedure while they work on your car, from the time you drop off to the time you pick-up.
This includes (among other precautionary actions):
- Wearing gloves while working on your car
- At the end of the service, wiping down your steering wheel, all door handles (in and out), gear shift knob, rearview mirror with sanitizing wipes.
- At the time of pickup, wiping down your keys in your presence when you pick up your vehicle.
Our staff is trained in applying this safety and sanitizing protocol on every vehicle we work on, with multiple daily reminders, starting with our pre-open morning meetings.
In the event, you prefer to avoid dropping-off and picking up your vehicle in person, please know that we do offer key drop, key pick up with your own code to get your keys and a link to pay that goes to your phone or email.
Please also know that we greatly value your trust in us. You have come to trust us to keep your vehicle safe and reliable and we appreciate and recognize this in our loyal customers.
While we are automotive experts, we both know that the same cannot be said about our medical expertise. That is why we sought the advice of medical experts in putting together our response to the Coronavirus (COVAD 19) to ensure a maximum of safety and sanitization while working on your vehicle, and give you the confidence you need to trust us to provide you with the continued high-quality service you’ve come to expect from us.
As usual, we are just a phone call, text message or email away should you have any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Jesse and Christine Myers (Owners) and our Staff, Cam and Tayler